Kasisto Announces Second Generation of Conversational AI Platform Empowering Banks to Seamlessly Launch New Intelligent Conversations
Enhancements based on experience working with leading financial institutions around the globe
NEW YORK — (November 13, 2018) —Kasisto, creators of KAI Banking, the leading Conversational AI platform for finance, today announced the second generation of its platform, which is recognized for its ability to drive business results while improving customer experiences.
Since KAI’s launch in 2016, it has processed tens of millions of virtual interactions across six countries, three languages and multiple channels, including mobile apps, websites and messaging platforms. DBS Bank, Mastercard, Standard Chartered, TD Bank and other leading financial institutions are using KAI to improve digital servicing, drive deeper digital engagement, and streamline customer and product acquisition.
The enhancements announced today reflect Kasisto’s agile, customer-centric philosophy of incorporating its real-world experience working with banks to design, integrate, deploy, maintain and expand intelligent conversations. These new features are further proof points that KAI can anticipate and meet fast-changing market requirements.
”Our improved suite of tools makes it easier for banks to quickly add new features and services, channels and markets,” said Chief Product Officer and Co-founder Dror Oren. “With our API-centric platform, we continuously incorporate new financial services data into our robust APIs to ensure rapid deployment of well-branded and personalized experiences. Just like KAI, we’re always learning and these enhancements are a direct result of what it means to be proven in production, powering intelligent conversations with millions of bank customers.”
Built with the deepest AI portfolio in the industry, KAI is enterprise-ready and tested by the rigorous demands of financial institutions for scalable, extensible, secure and compliant solutions. Key feature improvements in this second generation of KAI include:
Self-service platform tools empower banks to manage content and AI training
- KAI’s Conversation Management System (CMS) includes an enhanced content editor and workflows to easily add, edit, delete and preview conversational content across any channel. This enables banks to react quickly to changing business needs and effectively and expediently manage content approval processes that are driven by their internal business, marketing and compliance stakeholders.
- AI Training and Analysis tools allow banks, Kasisto staff and third-party service providers to train and manage KAI’s machine learning and enable deep analysis and quick improvement cycles. New features include sophisticated filters designed for large-scale rollouts and improved productivity workflows.
Extending language coverage
- KAI now supports more languages, including Cantonese and French.
Differentiated conversations easily deployed across channels with Conversational API
- KAI’s unique Conversational API (CAPI) is designed to allow banks to easily build and extend their own customer experiences across their mobile apps and websites, as well as external messaging platforms and voice-enabled devices. This new version of CAPI supports a wide variety of media types and makes it easier to deploy virtual assistants and bots on any client environment.
- Kasisto has also significantly enhanced its webview-based library to include conversational UI best practices, user experience enhancements, and critical security features and flows. Kasisto’s customers leverage this library as a foundation to rapidly customize KAI to reflect their bank’s brand.
Improved customer segmentation and personalization
KAI’s new segmentation feature allows business users at banks to define and target customer segments based on any combination of parameters. Now, they can define and manage segments so KAI’s virtual assistants can be designed with unique customer experiences.
- Customers: Banks can configure KAI to utilize their traditional segments (such as Silver, Gold, Platinum) and customize KAI’s responses based on the customer’s segment. For example, a Silver customer will get a different answer to the question, “What is the minimum I need to have in my account to avoid a fee?” than a Platinum customer.
- Channels: Banks can use this feature to fine-tune KAI’s responses according to channel. This feature ensures that a question like, “Where can I find my statements?” will be answered differently if the customer is asking on their bank’s website versus a voice-enable device such as Amazon Alexa.
- A/B Testing: With the powerful segmentation capability, banks can define different answers to the same question and analyze which experience performs better.
Robust security and compliance at its core
As Kasisto expands its production customer base across the globe, it continues to add features to support different compliance and regulatory requirements. KAI has a continuum of enhanced algorithms and procedures to scrub Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to ensure that all data is anonymized. KAI also includes a new, long-term record retention feature that is essential for compliance with strict banking regulations.
Todd Copeland, SVP Head of Digital Channels at TD Bank, said, “We are committed to creating deep connections with our customers through intelligent, highly personalized and empowering experiences. Our collaboration with Kasisto is helping us respond to our customers’ needs and adding an important new dimension to our leading mobile app that will give customers even more access to real-time insights into their spending patterns.”
In Gartner’s September 2018 report, Architecture of Conversational Platforms, written by analysts Magnus Revang, Van Baker, Brian Manusama, Anthony Mullen, they recommend that “Technology innovation leaders looking at how AI conversational platforms are evolving should: Choose a platform approach to conversational capabilities because the underlying architecture is similar for a wide variety of use cases.” Furthermore, they cite that “Customers looking at multiple use cases in the enterprise will benefit from a platform approach.” Another key recommendation is to “select only solutions or capabilities that have analytics as part of the architecture, enabling them to learn and improve their conversational implementations.” More-sophisticated platforms have the tools to turn analytics into action and help improve the system. We believe this report underscores the importance of a solution’s architecture and its extensibility to ensure a platform can evolve to meet future requirements.
“To echo the Gartner report, we believe that financial institutions in particular should pay close attention to their Conversational AI platform’s architecture, tools and analytics. Clearly, we’ve made an investment in these key areas, and we feel what sets us apart is the quality and sophistication of our tools and experience integrating into our customers’ systems,” said Zor Gorelov, CEO and Co-Founder at Kasisto. “These are organic systems, constantly learning and discovering from customers, and the pace of maturation in conversational technologies is rapid. We’ve built KAI to ensure that banks can respond quickly to changing customer and business requirements.”
KAI is the leading Conversational AI platform for the finance industry. Kasisto’s customers include Wells Fargo, J.P. Morgan, Mastercard, TD Bank, Standard Chartered, and DBS Bank, among others. They chose KAI Banking for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is engaging with millions of consumers around the world, across multiple channels, in different languages, and is optimized for performance, scalability, security and compliance. Built with the deepest AI portfolio in the industry, KAI includes platform tools and services to customize and continually improve consumer experiences as well as seamlessly add new features, channels and markets. For more information visit kasisto.com. Follow Kasisto on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.