What information do we collect?
Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you when you register for our Services, as well as when you provide us with any such Personal Information (e.g., when responding to a survey or filling out a form). When registering for our Services, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and/or additional information that could be used (whether alone or in combination with additional information) to identify you personally (“Personal Information”). It may be possible for you to use certain of our Services (or certain features of our Services) anonymously; but, if you do not register for the Services, you may not be able to access certain features or functions of the Services.
Our Relationship with Social Networking Sites
We created interfaces that allow you to connect your account for our Services with accounts you may have established with third-party apps, messaging platforms and other services (“Third-Party Services”). These interfaces allow you to authorize us to access your account on a Third-Party Service on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you do not provide us with credentials for the Third-Party Service, but you will need to log-in to that Third-Party Service directly through us. Once authorized by you, the Third-Party Service recognizes us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You should be able to revoke our access to any Third-Party Service at any time by changing the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable Third-Party Service.
We collect the following types of “Anonymous Information”:
Information Collected by Our Servers. As is true of most online services, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including but not limited to information regarding the device and/or software program through which you access our Services (e.g., the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information), and/or a date/time stamp for your use of our Services. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of this information may be collected so that when you use the Services again, we will recognize you and provide information and other materials appropriate to your interests.
What do we use your information for?
The Personal Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our Services – we continually strive to improve our Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To market to you our products and services (and those of third parties) that we believe may interest you, and to permit third parties to market such products and services to you;
- To tailor the content and features of the Services to you;
- To improve the quality of the Services;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature; and
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We disclose certain Personal Information:
- To third parties to whom you ask us to disclose Personal Information;
- To third party vendors who help us provide the Services ;
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83):
If we share Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, then you have the right to receive information about the categories of entities to which we have disclosed such information and the names and addresses of those entities. To submit your written request, please send it to us at email@example.com and put the following words in the subject line of the email: “California Privacy Request.” Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses such third parties, if any. Please note that the California “Shine the Light” law does not cover all categories of information that may be collected and disclosed or shared, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California user each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
At our discretion we may occasionally reference, include or offer third-party products or services via our Services. These third-party products and services are offered by third parties that have separate and independent privacy policies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of these third parties, you should read and understand their privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third parties.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Mobile Device. Certain features of the Services may require access to your device’s location functionality and/or media storage and contacts applications. Although you may decide whether or not to use these features, on Android devices you grant us permission to access this feature as part of registering for the Service. If you later decide to revoke this permission, you can do so by making such elections from directly within the Service. Alternatively, on iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to these features or functions by changing the settings on your device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account by contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any content associated therewith will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to which we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and children under 13 are not eligible to use our Services. Our Services are directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Services.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States